Wednesday 25 November 2020

Skateboarding Lessons

Hola Bloggers! 

Today we didn't do any boring maths instead we did skateboarding! 
We had a session on skateboarding. The first thing we did was find a skateboard and a helmet and put it on. We had to fall forward and the first leg that stopped you from falling would be the front leg. If you used your right leg you were a natural, if you used your left you are a goofy. Then we got to ride around and after we got split into two groups. We did different excersices like lunging on the skateboard and balancing on one foot.

What was great about the lesson and what was challenging?

The lesson was great but there were somethings that I found challenging. When we had to balance on one foot my left foot wasn't as easy as my right foot. Also when we were playing what's the time Mr Wolf I had a little trouble with stopping fast but I got the hang of it. Before we started playing the game we were learning how to tic tac and to do a crab walk. The crab walk was very hard to do and I fell off once but I think I am better now.

What we have learnt?

I learnt so many new things. Some things that I learnt today was to balance on my skateboard with my eyes closed, it took me a while but I got it. Also I learnt how to stand on a skateboard properly and how to use the tail and nose on the skateboard. A nose on a skateboard is the front of the board and the tail is the back. We also learnt lots of new tricks on the skateboard.

What have we gained from learning to skateboard?

I really enjoyed skateboarding and now I have another fun thing to do. I have gained a fun way to exercise and a new cool sport. Also I am more confident and have a growth mindset on skateboarding. I have gained new skills and have much more enthusiasm for skateboarding. 

I really enjoyed skateboarding and I can't wait to have more sessions!
I hope you enjoyed my blog. If you can please comment down below.
Blog you later!!
















1 comment:

  1. Kia ora, Angelina! I am so astonished that you guys got to do skateboarding instead of boring maths. If I were you I would probably fall off straight away. I would expect that you would be a good skateboarder even if it took you a little while. I love the photos and your whole blog post is perfect.
    Here is the link to my blog if you wanna check it out.https://marlucinda.blogspot.com/
    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete